In this interview, filmed at ESMO 2018, Professor Schadendorf discusses the use of encorafenib plus binimetinib for BRAF-mutant metastatic melanoma.
1. Could you tell us a little about the efficacy and safety findings of the COLUMBUS study that have led to the recent European approval of encoranefib plus binimetanib for BRAF-mutant metastatic melanoma? (0:11)
2. What are the advantages of this combination compared with other combined BRAF/MEK inhibitor therapies? (1:25)
3. What are the best treatment options for patients whose disease progresses on this therapy? (2:41)
4. How can we prevent or overcome resistance to BRAF/MEK inhibitors? (3.18)
5. How is the approval of this combined therapy likely to impact on clinical practice? (4:24)
Speaker disclosures: Dirk Schadendorf has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Filmed at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) congress, Germany, 19–23 October 2018
Share this Video
Related Videos In Dermatological Cancer
Jason Luke, ESMO 2021: Efficacy and Safety Results from the KEYNOTE-716 Double-blind Phase III Trial
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Jason Luke (UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, PA, USA) at ESMO 2021 to discuss the efficacy and safety results from the KEYNOTE-716 double-blind phase III trial. Questions 1. Patients with high-risk stage II melanoma are at significant risk of recurrence after surgical resection – what treatment options do these patients currently have to […]
Evan Lipson, ASCO 2021: Relatlimab plus Nivolumab in Advanced Melanoma
TouchONCOLOGY got the chance to catch up with Dr Evan Lipson (Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD, USA) around the RELATIVITY-047 study, which investigated the combined therapy of relatlimab plus nivolumab in patients with advanced melanoma. The abstract ‘Relatlimab (RELA) plus nivolumab (NIVO) versus NIVO in first-line advanced melanoma: Primary phase III […]
Paolo A Ascierto,ESMO 2020 – The SEquential COMBo Immuno and Targeted therapy (SECOMBIT) study
Editorial board member, Dr Paolo A Ascierto, joins us at the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress to discuss immunotherapy in BRAF-mutated metastatic melanoma and the major findings from the The SEquential COMBo Immuno and Targeted therapy (SECOMBIT) study. Questions What is the rationale for the combination of targeted and immunotherapy in the treatment of BRAF-mutated metastatic […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!