An Introduction to Gynaecological Oncology
The treatment landscape for gynaecological cancers, especially ovarian cancer, has evolved over recent years. Late diagnosis means ovarian cancer is often detected at an advanced stage, but the introduction of targeted therapies and immunotherapies have widened the treatment landscape. Cervical cancer has a high survival rate if detected early, and therefore screening continues to be an important issue.
Expert video highlights, insights from the conference hub and comprehensive peer-reviewed articles from our journal portfolio provide updates on the changing treatment landscape. To learn more about how the latest developments impact on patient outcomes, view our expert-led learning activities.”
Gynaecological Oncology Content
The evolving clinical landscape of biologic therapy for patients with recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer
Watch leading experts review the latest clinical data and guideline recommendations supporting the use of biologic therapies in recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer.
- Describe current and emerging immunotherapy approaches for the treatment of recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer
- Recall the latest clinical efficacy data for biologic therapies in recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer
- Discuss selection of biologic therapies for patients with recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer, adverse event management and future directions for treatment guidelines
PARP inhibitors as first-line maintenance treatment for ovarian cancer: Translating the latest data to clinical practice
Watch this two-part activity exploring recent developments on the use of PARP inhibitors as first-line maintenance therapy in ovarian cancer. Filmed following the SGO Virtual Annual Meeting 2021. Part 1: Watch gynaecological cancer expert Dr Alexandra Leary review key data from the SGO Virtual Annual Meeting 2021 Watch Now Part 2: Choose from leading experts who discuss what these data may mean for global and regional practice Select An Interview
- Recall the latest data for PARP inhibitors for first-line maintenance treatment and how they may impact clinical practice
- Describe the latest safety data for the PARP inhibitors
- Define the different factors that influence treatment selection of PARP inhibitor therapy in the first-line maintenance setting
Paving the way towards better patient outcomes in advanced or metastatic cervical cancer
Watch leading cervical cancer experts provide an update on the pathophysiology, biomarkers and emerging treatments for advanced or metastatic cervical cancer.
- Recognize the importance of biomarker testing in the screening and monitoring of cervical cancer
- Discuss the role of the tumour microenvironment in the development and progression of invasive cervical cancer
- Interpret the most recent data for new potential therapies for advanced or recurrent cervical cancer
Antibody-drug conjugates for patients with solid tumours: Practical analysis of the latest data from ESMO 2020
Watch this two-part activity discussing the latest developments in antibody-drug conjugates for solid tumours. Filmed following presentations at ESMO 2020. Part 1: Watch internationally renowned expert Mikel Ross review key data from the congress Watch Now Part 2: Choose from leading experts who discuss what the latest data mean for global and regional practice Select An Interview
- Recognize the antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) that are available for the treatment of solid tumours
- Summarize how emerging and evolving ADCs may improve outcomes for patients with solid tumours
- Discuss practical strategies for the management of adverse events associated with approved ADCs for solid tumours
Keeping pace with the PARP inhibitors: What are the latest data on their role in maintenance treatment for ovarian cancer?
Stay up to date with the latest developments in PARP inhibition for the first-line maintenance treatment of advanced ovarian cancer with our expert update from the virtual SGO and ASCO annual meetings 2020. Part 1: Watch internationally renowned expert Dr Bradley Monk review key data from the virtual SGO and ASCO annual meetings 2020 Part 2: Choose from leading experts who discuss what the data findings mean for global and regional practice
- Discuss the use of PARP inhibitor monotherapy in first-line maintenance treatment
- Describe the role of PARP inhibitors in combination first-line maintenance treatment
- Recall the latest safety data for PARP inhibitor maintenance treatment
PARP inhibitor maintenance treatment in advanced ovarian cancer: The who, what and how?
Watch a panel of internationally renowned ovarian cancer experts discuss the use of PARP inhibitors for maintenance treatment in advanced ovarian cancer.
- Describe the latest data for PARP inhibitors in the first-line maintenance treatment setting
- Discuss approaches to select the most appropriate PARP inhibitor for each patient
- Interpret safety data for PARP inhibitors to help mitigate and manage adverse events
Linda Mileshkin, ESMO 2019 – Phase III OUTBACK trial in cervical cancer
We joined Linda Mileshkin (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre) following her presentation at ESMO 2019 to discuss the disparities of starting adjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced cervix cancer in the international, academic, randomised, phase III OUTBACK trial. Questions 1. Could you tell us a little about the OUTBACK trial and its findings? (0:06) 2. What was […]
Maintenance Treatment for Recurrent Ovarian Carcinoma – Evidence Supporting the Efficacy and Safety of PARP Inhibitors
European Oncology & Haematology. 2019;15(1):29–40 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17925/EOH.2019.15.1.29
Worldwide, ovarian cancer is the seventh most common cancer and the eighth most common cause of cancer death in women.1 The GLOBOCAN study estimated there were 239,000 new cases in 2012 and 152,000 deaths due to this disease. There are nearly 600,000 women living within 5 years of an ovarian cancer diagnosis.1 In the EU, age-adjusted ovarian […]
Gloria Huang, ASCO 2019 – NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group 210 trial
Gloria Huang discusses results from the NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group 210 trial at the ASCO 2019 annual meeting. The trial investigates sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor signaling in the recurrence of high stage endometrial cancer. Questions 1. What is known about the role of sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) axis […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!