touchEXPERT OPINIONS Managing adverse events associated with BCMA-targeting agents in multiple myeloma: The role of the multidisciplinary team
Watch leading experts review adverse event management with BCMA-targeting multiple myeloma therapies, and consider the role of the multidisciplinary team.
Miss Degli Esposti outlines how the ocular toxicities that may occur with belantamab mafodotin treatment can be monitored for and managed. She also considers how eye care professionals can work with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.1/3 Next Interview
Prof. Yakoub-Agha reviews monitoring and management strategies for the possible adverse events associated with CAR T-cell therapy in the treatment of multiple myeloma. He also outlines key members of the multidisciplinary team who should be involved in the care of patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy.2/3 Next Interview
Dr Rodríguez-Otero outlines how healthcare professionals can work together in a multidisciplinary team to monitor for and manage the possible adverse events associated with BCMA-targeted therapy in the treatment of multiple myeloma.3/3 Leave Feedback
Learning Objectives & Overview
In this activity, leading experts in multiple myeloma summarize management strategies for adverse events associated with the currently available BCMA-targeting therapies. They also consider how to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide each patient with the best possible care.
After watching this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Use the most appropriate management strategy for patients experiencing ocular toxicity following treatment with a BCMA-targeting antibody-drug conjugate
- Discuss the adverse events associated with BCMA-targeting CAR T-cell therapies, and how they can be managed
- Recognize the importance of the multidisciplinary care team in the management of patients receiving a BCMA-targeting therapy for multiple myeloma
Register to touchONCOLOGY for FREE
- Peer-reviewed journals and expert opinions
- Interactive CME and e-learning modules
- Video conference highlights