In this interview filmed at ASH 2018, Dr Austin Kulasekararaj discusses the phase III non-inferiority study investigating ravulizumab (ALXN1210) versus eculizumab in adult patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria in patients currently treated with eculizumab. He then goes on to discuss how he thinks these findings will affect management strategies for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria in the future.
1. What was the background and rationale behind the phase III non-inferiority study investigating ravulizumab (ALXN1210) versus eculizumab in adult patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria currently treated with eculizumab? (0:10)
2. What were the key efficacy and safety findings? (1:51)
3. What are the next steps in this area of research over the coming years? (2:47)
4. How do you think these findings will contribute to management strategies for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria in the future? (3:38)
5. What other exciting developments have been presented at ASH 2018 for this indication? (4:28)
Speaker’s disclosures: Austin Kulasekararaj has participated in speaker’s bureau for Alexion, Celgene and Novartis, and received honoraria from Alexion, Amgen, Celgene, Novartis and Ra Pharma.
Filmed at the 60th American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2018 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, US, December 1–4, 2018.
Related Videos In Haematology
Efstathios Kastritis, EHA 2020: CYBORD in Amyloidosis and The ANDROMEDA Study
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Efstathios Kastritis (Department of Clinical Therapeutics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece) at EHA25 Virtual to discuss the ANDROMEDA study (NCT03201965), and the efficacy and safety of daratumumab in combination with CYBORD for the treatment of newly-diagnosed light chain amyloidosis. Questions: What are the major therapeutic […]
George Goshua, EHA 2020: Endotheliopathy is Essential in COVID-19 Associated Coagulopathy
Dr George Goshua (Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA) shares with us his insights into the role of endotheliopathy in the development of coagulopathy in patients with COVID-19. Questions: 1. How common is coagulopathy in COVID-19 infection and who is at greatest risk? (0:03) 2. What is known about the role of […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!