At the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, James Ferrara, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, discusses his presentation: The Evolving Treatment Landscape for Patients with GvHD: More Options, More Decisions, Better Outcomes!
1. What are the most important unmet needs in the treatment of patients with graft-versus-host disease (GvHD)? (0:05)
2. What have been the most important recent advances in pretreatment and posttreatment prophylaxis of GvHD? (1:14)
3. What progress has been made in the identification of biomarkers that might predict the risk of GvHD? (2:10)
4. Could you give us a brief overview of the most promising emerging approaches in the treatment of GvHD? (3:08)
5. What factors should be considered when selecting the most appropriate treatment for an individual? (4:32)
James Ferrara is IP for biomarkers of acute GVHD, licensed to VIRACOR
Filmed at the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Haematology
Bernd Jilma, ASH 2022: Pegcetacoplan in patients with cold agglutinin disease, the CASCADE phase III trial
The CASCADE trial aims to assess the efficacy and safety of pegcetacoplan in patients with cold agglutinin disease (CAD). In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr Bernd Jilma (Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria) to discuss the CASCADE trial and when results should be expected. The abstract entitled ‘Trial in Progress: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled […]
Bernd Jilma, ASH 2022: The pathophysiology and unmet treatment needs in cold agglutinin disease
Cold agglutinin disease (CAD) is a rare, autoimmune, clonal B cell disorder. In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr Bernd Jilma (Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria) to discuss the pathophysiology of CAD and the unmet treatment needs in this disease. The abstract entitled ‘Trial in Progress: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Multicenter Phase 3 Study […]
Srdan Verstovsek, ASH 2022: Momelotinib long-term safety in myelofibrosis disease – Analysis of SIMPLIFY-1, SIMPLIFY-2, and MOMENTUM trials
Momelotinib, an oral JAK1/JAK2/ACVR1 inhibitor, was evaluated in 3 randomised controlled trials – SIMPLIFY-1, SIMPLIFY-2, and MOMENTUM, in patients with high- and intermediate-risk myelofibrosis. In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Prof. Srdan Verstovsek (MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA) to discuss the limitations of JAK inhibitor therapy in myelofibrosis, and the integrated analysis of […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!