Andreas Charalambous, President of the European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS), joined us at ESMO 2019 to highlight the work EONS have been doing around safety and specifically their Safety Manifesto.
1. How can cancer nurses reduce the risk of harm to patients? (0:05)
2. What general precautions should cancer nurses take in terms of cytotoxic and radiation therapies if they are planning to become pregnant or are pregnant and/or breastfeeding? (1:00)
3. What should cancer nurses be aware of in terms of the appropriate use of personal protective equipment? (2:00)
4. What are the five Rs of medication administration? (2:45)
5. How should a cancer nurse deal with adverse events, including risks and near misses? (3:12)
Filmed at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
touchONCOLOGY.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Supportive Cancer Care
Nicolò Matteo Luca Battisti, European Cancer Summit 2020 – Inequalities in Cancer Care
Discrimination in cancer care is a major ongoing issue across Europe and has been exacerbated during the COVID-19 pandemic. Nicolò Matteo Luca Battisti discusses how the resolution from this year’s European Cancer Summit will help overcome these disparities. Questions Could you give us an overview of the issue of discrimination in cancer care? What are […]
Florence Joly, ESMO 2020 – Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Cancer Treatments and the Psychological Impact on Patients
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a direct impact on cancer care. Prof. Florence Joly discusses the challenges and lessons learned when treating patients with cancer during the pandemic and lockdown period. The late-breaking abstract ‘Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on management of medical cancer treatments and psychological consequence for the patients’ (LBA69) was presented at […]
Supportive Care in Cancer During COVID-19
On June 25, 2020, a panel of MASCC experts led a virtual discussion on how the COVID-19 pandemic impacts cancer patients and how healthcare professionals can support them during the pandemic. Topics included the next steps after the crisis is resolved; precautions to take in the months ahead with a potential second wave; and the impact on […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!