Andreas Charalambous, President of the European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS), joined us at ESMO 2019 to highlight the work EONS have been doing around safety and specifically their Safety Manifesto.
1. How can cancer nurses reduce the risk of harm to patients? (0:05)
2. What general precautions should cancer nurses take in terms of cytotoxic and radiation therapies if they are planning to become pregnant or are pregnant and/or breastfeeding? (1:00)
3. What should cancer nurses be aware of in terms of the appropriate use of personal protective equipment? (2:00)
4. What are the five Rs of medication administration? (2:45)
5. How should a cancer nurse deal with adverse events, including risks and near misses? (3:12)
Filmed at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
touchONCOLOGY.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Supportive Cancer Care
Professor D’Ugo: Don’t Miss Out on Registering for the ESSO 40!
Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO), shares what we can look forward to at the annual meeting in November!
Domenico D’Ugo, ESSO 40: Hot Topics, What to Expect and Why Should HCPs Register
touchONCOLOGY were delighted to speak with Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) one our media partners. He discusses why healthcare professionals should register and attend the ESSO 40 conference in November 2021 in Lisbon and what we can look forward to. Questions 1. What can we expect from ESSO […]
Professor Domenico D’Ugo: Current Initiatives at ESSO and Looking to the Future
Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) one our valued media partners at touchONCOLOGY, discusses the latest from the society and his hopes for oncology management post-COVID19 in 2022. Questions 1. Please tell us about any initiatives that ESSO are currently working on? (00:15-02:24) 2. What can we expect in […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!