Gloria Huang discusses results from the NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group 210 trial at the ASCO 2019 annual meeting. The trial investigates sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor signaling in the recurrence of high stage endometrial cancer.
1. What is known about the role of sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) axis signalling pathways in the development of endometrial cancer? (0:03)
2. What evidence exists for the use of metformin as a treatment for endometrial cancer? (0:44)
3. What other methods of targeting sex hormone, insulin and IGF axis signalling pathways appear promising? (1:27)
4. What were the findings of your study investigating these pathways in the recurrence of high-stage endometrial cancer? (2:41)
5. What are the clinical implications of these findings? (3:33)
Speaker disclosure: Gloria Huang has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2019 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Gynaecological Oncology
Paul DiSilvestro, ESMO 2022: SOLO1/GOG-3004 trial – Olaparib for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer – Overall survival findings at 7 years
The Phase III SOLO1/GOG-3004 trial (NCT01844986), investigated maintenance olaparib, which provided sustained benefit beyond the end of treatment in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer and a BRCA mutation. Prof. Paul DiSilvestro (Brown University, Providence, RI, USA) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the efficacy and safety of maintenance olaparib, and overall survival findings at 7 years. […]
Keiichi Fujiwara, ESMO 2022: Phase 3 GOTIC-002 LUFT study results – Chemotherapy with tegafur-uracil for locally advanced cervical cancer
Maintenance chemotherapy with oral tegafur-uracil (UFT) after surgery has been shown to prolong survival in lung, breast, gastric and colon cancer. Dr Keiichi Fujiwara (Saitama Medical University International Medical Centre, Saitama, Japan) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the phase 3 GOTIC-002 LUFT study results, investigating the efficacy of maintenance chemotherapy using UFT following concurrent chemoradiotherapy for […]
Keiichi Fujiwara, ESMO 2022: Clinical trial highlights in gynaecological cancer
Dr Keiichi Fujiwara joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss his thoughts on the latest clinical trial highlights at European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2022 in gynaecological cancers, specifically the GOTIC-002 LUFT study. Watch Dr Keiichi Fujiwara’s interview at ESMO 2022, on the Phase 3 GOTIC-002 LUFT study results – chemotherapy with tegafur-uracil for locally advanced cervical […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!