Gloria Huang discusses results from the NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group 210 trial at the ASCO 2019 annual meeting. The trial investigates sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor signaling in the recurrence of high stage endometrial cancer.
1. What is known about the role of sex hormone, insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) axis signalling pathways in the development of endometrial cancer? (0:03)
2. What evidence exists for the use of metformin as a treatment for endometrial cancer? (0:44)
3. What other methods of targeting sex hormone, insulin and IGF axis signalling pathways appear promising? (1:27)
4. What were the findings of your study investigating these pathways in the recurrence of high-stage endometrial cancer? (2:41)
5. What are the clinical implications of these findings? (3:33)
Speaker disclosure: Gloria Huang has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2019 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Gynaecological Oncology
Domenica Lorusso, ESMO 2021: Relacorilant in Combination with Nab-paclitaxel for Patients with Recurrent Platinum-resistant Ovarian Cancer
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Domenica Lorusso (Rome, Italy), to discuss the improvements in progression-free survival in patients with recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer using relacorilant in combination with nab-paclitaxel. (NCT03776812) Question Please summarise the randomized, open-label, phase II study presented at ESMO 2021 exploring progression-free survival in patients with recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer using relacorilant, a selective […]
Julius Strauss, ESMO 2021: Long-term Follow-up of Patients with HPV–associated Malignancies Treated with Bintrafusp Alfa
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Julius Strauss (National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA), to discuss the long-term follow-up of patients with human papillomavirus–associated malignancies treated with bintrafusp alfa, a bifunctional fusion protein targeting TGF-β and PD-L1. Questions 1. What are the unmet needs in the treatment of human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers? (00:15-01:37) 2. […]
Shibani Nicum, ESMO 2021: First Results of the OCTOVA Trial
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Shibani Nicum (University College London, UK) at ESMO 2021 to present the first results of the OCTOVA trial of olaparib compared to weekly paclitaxel or olaparib plus cediranib in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. Questions 1. What are the unmet needs in the treatment of ovarian cancer patients who relapse within 12 […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!