It was a pleasure to meet Simon Oberst (Director of Clinical Development, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Centre; Chair, Organisation of European Cancer Institute [OECI] Accreditation & Designation Programme) at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss the latest exciting updates in quality cancer care and how this is evaluated.
1. Is cancer research, education and patient care sufficiently well-coordinated? Are these activities often too separated, potentially depriving patients of the latest valuable advances or best practice? (0:10)
2. Would the establishment of comprehensive cancer centres (CCCs) ensure improvements and new approaches to manage cancer more effectively? (0:38)
3. Should CCCs attempt to manage all, or focus on specific cancer types? (1:20)
4. Should all patients with cancer have access to a CCC to ensure they receive optimal care throughout their disease course? (1:53)
5. Would economic restrictions limit the establishment and operation of CCCs in many territories and how could these be overcome? (2:52)
Simon Oberst has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European CanCer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Policy
Andreas Charalambous Discusses His Hopes as President of the European Cancer Organisation
Dr Andreas Charalambous discusses his hopes and priorities for his tenure as President of the European Cancer Organisation, beginning in January 2022. Questions 1. What do you hope to accomplish during your tenure as president of the European Cancer Organisation? (00:27-02:18) 2. What will be your immediate priorities as president? (02:18-05:06) Speaker Disclosure: Andreas Charalambous […]
Andreas Charalambous, ECO Summit 2021: Challenges to Cancer Care in Europe
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Andreas Charalambous, President-Elect of the European Cancer Organisation, to discuss the main challenges to cancer care in Europe in the next 5 years. Speaker Disclosure: Andreas Charalambous has no financial or non-financial conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video. Support: Interview and filming supported […]
Andreas Charalambous: Highlights of the European Cancer Summit 2021
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Andreas Charalambous, President-Elect of the European Cancer Organisation, to discuss his highlights from the Summit 2021 held in Brussels. Speaker Disclosure: Andreas Charalambous has no financial or non-financial conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video. Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!