Editorial Board member, Bernardo Rapoport discusses neoadjuvant breast cancer at the ASCO 2019 annual meeting. Considering data presented at the meeting he also reviews the unmet needs, what factors influence treatment in this population and how to overcome current treatment challenges.
1. What are the major unmet needs in the neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer? (0:04)
2. What factors influence the decision to give neoadjuvant treatment? (2:20)
3. What are the challenges of assessing response to neoadjuvant therapies and how can these be overcome? (3:06)
4. Could you tell us about the latest data on trastuzumab emtansine in the neoadjuvant treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer? (4:08)
5. What presentations on neoadjuvant breast cancer are you most interested in at this year’s meeting? (5:59)
Speaker disclosure: Bernardo Rapoport has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2019 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Breast Cancer
Aditya Bardia, SABCS 2021: Results of EMERALD Phase III Trial
Dr Aditya Bardia (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) discusses the results of the phase III EMERALD trial, exploring elacestrant, an oral selective estrogen receptor degrader, vs investigator’s choice of endocrine monotherapy for ER+/HER2- advanced/metastatic breast cancer following progression on prior endocrine and CDK4/6 inhibitor therapy. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast […]
Nancy Lin, SABCS 2021: Updated Results of the HER2CLIMB Study
Dr Nancy Lin (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA) discusses the updated results of the phase II HER2CLIMB study, which assessed tucatinib vs placebo added to trastuzumab and capecitabine for patients with previously treated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with brain metastases. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2021. Questions 1. […]
Marta Vaz Batista, SABCS 2021: Preliminary Results From the DEBBRAH Phase II Study
Dr Marta Vaz Batista (Hospital Fernando Fonseca, Amadora, Portugal) discusses the preliminary results from the DEBBRAH phase II study, exploring trastuzumab deruxtecan in patients with HER2[+] or HER2-low-expressing advanced breast cancer and central nervous system involvement. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2021. Questions 1. Could you tell us a […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!