An Introduction to Lung Cancer
In some Western countries, the frequency and mortality of lung cancer are decreasing due to decades of public education and tobacco control policies, even though it still remains a major cause of mortality worldwide. Expert video highlights, insights from the conference hub and comprehensive peer-reviewed articles from our journal portfolio provide updates on the ever-changing landscape. To learn more about how the latest developments impact on patient outcomes view our expert-led learning activities.
Lung Cancer Content
Emerging second-line treatment approaches in advanced NSCLC: The role of ADCs
Dr Rebecca Heist discusses emerging antibody-drug conjugates for the second-line treatment of patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Recognize the shared mechanisms of action of ADCs and how their different targets and payloads may inform selection in advanced/metastatic NSCLC
- Assess the latest clinical trial data for ADCs in patients with advanced/metastatic NSCLC in the second-line setting and identify the advantages and limitations of ADCs
- Evaluate how ADCs can be integrated into the treatment pathway for patients with advanced/metastatic NSCLC to facilitate disease management
The role of RNA-based next-generation sequencing in identifying pathogenic gene fusions
A review of next-generation sequencing methods for identifying actionable gene fusions and improving outcomes in cancer patients.
Overcoming challenges in advanced or metastatic squamous cell lung cancer: Focus on immunotherapy
Dr Balazs Halmos offers his perspective on immunotherapy for the treatment of squamous cell lung cancer.
- Summarize the key clinical features of advanced squamous cell lung cancer and the challenges they pose to its management
- Interpret the most recent clinical data to guide systemic therapy selection for squamous cell lung cancer
Tarlatamab in pre-treated SCLC – DeLLphi-301 study: Luis Paz-Ares, EMSO 2023
The anticipated phase 2 data from the DeLLphi-301 study (NCT05060016), investigating the antitumor activity and safety of taralatamab administered at two doses in pre-treated small cell lung cancer (SCLC), were presented at this year’s EMSO meeting. To understand more about this investigational treatment and the results from the study we spoke with study investigator, Dr […]
Personalized therapy for NSCLC: Biomarker testing, treatment and management in the presence of MET alterations
Two lung cancer specialists discuss the current recommendations for biomarker testing and the latest data on MET inhibitors for the management of patients with MET alterations.
- Outline the evolving landscape of biomarker testing in advanced NSCLC and the methods used to identify patients with MET alterations
- Recall the latest efficacy and safety from MET-inhibitor clinical trials in advanced NSCLC and implications for management
- Discuss the mechanisms of resistance to targeted treatment in advanced NSCLC and the role of MET amplification as a potential therapeutic target in the post EGFR-TKI setting
Current and future considerations for the use of immune checkpoint inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer
A leading expert discusses the current landscape and future perspectives of immune checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of NSCLC
- Discuss the clinical implications for the latest data for immunotherapies in early-stage NSCLC
- Evaluate the use of novel agents in combination with immunotherapy in NSCLC using the latest evidence
- Describe how current and emerging biomarkers may guide immunotherapy treatment selection in NSCLC
Sunil Singhal, AACR 2023: Intraoperative molecular imaging as a tool in cancer surgery
Intraoperative molecular imaging enables surgeons to utilise a cancer specific fluorescent dye to improve cancer removal. In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr Sunil Singhal (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA) to discuss intraoperative molecular imaging, with focus on its application in lung cancer. The presentation entitled ‘Intraoperative molecular imaging of lung cancer: The […]
Pafolacianine: A Diagnostic Agent to Identify Lung Cancer Lesions in Adults with Known or Suspected Lung Cancer
touchREVIEWS in Oncology & Haematology. 2023;19(1):2-3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17925/OHR.2023.19.1.2
Accurately detecting lung tumours and their margins is important for disease outcomes.1,2 However, detection is challenging due to the use of minimally invasive surgery and current localization techniques, such as computed tomography (CT)-guided and endobronchial interventions, which add significantly to procedure time and risk of complications.3 Intraoperative imaging using a targeted agent to optically fluoresce cancerous cells may address these problems, in addition to locating […]
Uncharted territory: Introducing novel immunotherapeutic approaches for metastatic NSCLC without driver mutations
Leading specialists and a patient advocate discuss novel immunotherapies for non-driver mutation metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Outline the determinants of response and resistance to immune checkpoint blockade in patients with non-driver mutation metastatic NSCLC
- Discuss the mechanisms of action and latest data for novel immunotherapy regimens in the management of non-driver mutation metastatic NSCLC
- Appraise strategies for involving patients with non-driver mutation metastatic NSCLC in their healthcare for optimal outcomes