An Introduction to Lung Cancer
In some Western countries, the frequency and mortality of lung cancer are decreasing due to decades of public education and tobacco control policies, even though it still remains a major cause of mortality worldwide. Expert video highlights, insights from the conference hub and comprehensive peer-reviewed articles from our journal portfolio provide updates on the ever-changing landscape. To learn more about how the latest developments impact on patient outcomes view our expert-led learning activities.
Lung Cancer Content
Facing the First-line in Metastatic Non-small-cell Lung Cancer – Immunotherapy and Chemotherapy
European Oncology & Haematology. 2020;16(1):39-43
Historically, chemotherapy represented the only available treatment for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who did not show any target molecular driver, such as epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) or the receptor tyrosine kinase ROS1. Unfortunately, limited efficacy was reported using chemotherapy alone.1 The advent of immunotherapy, a treatment based on […]
ALK Inhibitors in ALK-positive NSCLC with Central Nervous System Metastases
European Oncology & Haematology. 2020;16(1):18-21
At initial diagnosis of metastatic disease, central nervous system (CNS) metastases are present in 22–33% of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-rearranged (ALK+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). After crizotinib failure, the incidence can reach up to 70%, compared with 40% in all comers.1 The presence of CNS disease is an indicator of poor prognosis in […]
MET mutations: The next frontier in NSCLC testing
Watch a panel of internationally renowned lung cancer experts discuss genetic testing for lung cancer biomarkers, including MET exon 14 skipping mutations
- Recall relevant guidelines recommendations on the type and timing of mutation testing in patients with NSCLC
- Discuss the current role of liquid biopsy in NSCLC mutation testing and treatment decisions
- Discuss the developing contributions of tissue and liquid biopsy to clinical practice, as well as broader NGS-based assays
Addressing the challenges of ALK-positive NSCLC to optimize patient outcomes
Watch Dr Robert Doebele, an internationally renowned expert in lung cancer, discuss the latest scientific understanding of the mechanisms of resistance to anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitors and their clinical impact, and share best practice for ALK profiling in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Summarize the central nervous system (CNS) efficacy data for ALK inhibitors in the first- and second-line settings for patients with ALK-positive NSCLC
- Evaluate the mechanisms of acquired resistance to ALK inhibitors in patients with ALK-positive NSCLC
- Discuss the most appropriate approach to molecular testing for patients with ALK-positive NSCLC
Ross Camidge: Brigatinib for Adult Patients With ALK+ Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
touchONCOLOGY were delighted to speak to Ross Camidge, University of Colorado Cancer Center, to discuss the recent FDA approved of brigatinib for adult patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Questions 1. What are the unmet needs in the treatment of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive metastatic non-small cell lung cancer? (0:06) […]
Progress in the management of EGFR-mutant NSCLC in 2020: Where are we now?
Watch a webinar and interviews from global experts on the latest data for EGFR-mutant non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) from the American Society of Clinical Oncology Virtual 2020 Conference (ASCO20 Virtual) and their potential implications for optimizing treatment decisions in clinical practice.
- Recall efficacy and safety data for EGFR-TKIs for patients with EGFR-mutant NSCLC, including those with early-stage disease
- Describe how molecular testing can help guide appropriate therapeutic approaches for patients with EGFR-mutant NSCLC
- Discuss how the treatment pathway for the use of targeted therapies in the management of EGFR-mutant NSCLC is evolving now and in the future
Jared Weiss, ASCO20: Trilaciclib in Patients with Small Cell Lung Cancer
touchONCOLOGY were joined by Jared Weiss, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, to discuss the data presented at the ASCO20 Virtual Meeting on myelopreservation and reduced use of supportive care with trilaciclib in patients with small cell lung cancer. Questions 1. Could you give us a brief overview about the aims and design of the Phase II […]
First-Line EGFR TKIs in NSCLC: where are we headed in 2020?
Stay up to date with the latest developments in EGFR+ NSCLC with our touchPANEL DISCUSSION with internationally renowned expert faculty discussing the use of TKIs in first line and beyond
- Recall recent data for 3rd-generation EGFR TKIs in first-line EGFR+ NSCLC and describe real-world evidence
- Describe treatment sequencing and the paradigm for therapy of EGFR+ NSCLC
- Discuss issues related to biomarker testing, including timing and access
Targeting Tyrosine-protein Kinase Receptor (MET) Gene Alterations in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer – The Efficacy and Safety of Tepotinib + Gefitinib in the INSIGHT Study
European Oncology & Haematology. 2019;15(2):86–8
Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) remains a world-wide health issue, accounting for 85% of all lung cancers, of which there were an estimated 2.1 million new cases and 1.76 million deaths in 2018; equivalent to 11.6% of the global cancer burden.1,2 This incidence is expected to rise in the coming years as rates of smoking increase […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!