Sara Tolaney, St. Gallen International Breast Cancer Conference 2021: Patient-reported outcomes from MonarchE
Dr Sara Tolaney (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the patient-reported health-related quality-of-life outcomes data from the MonarchE trial (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03155997) in patients with HR+, HER2- breast cancer being treated with abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy. The e-poster ‘Patients’ quality of life and side effect perceptions in monarchE, a study of abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy in adjuvant treatment of HR+, HER2-, node-positive, high-risk, early breast cancer’ (P008) was presented at the 17th St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference 2021.
- Why have patient-reported outcomes been neglected in clinical studies until recently, and why are they so important? (00:11)
- Could you give us a brief overview of the aims and design of the MonarchE study? (00:42)
- What patient-recorded outcomes are being evaluated and what have been the preliminary findings? (02:34)
- What are the significance of these findings for the management of patients with HER2- breast cancer? (04:59)
Disclosures: Dr Sara Tolaney has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the 17th St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference 2021.
- Tolaney S, Blancas I, Im Y-H, et al. Patients’ quality of life and side effect perceptions in monarchE, a study of abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy in adjuvant treatment of HR+, HER2-, node-positive, high-risk, early breast cancer. The Breast. 2021;56(Suppl. 1):S20–1.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Endocrine Therapy With or Without Abemaciclib (LY2835219) Following Surgery in Participants With Breast Cancer (monarchE). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03155997. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03155997 (accessed 31 March 2021).
HER2 = human epidermal growth factor receptor 2; HR = hormone receptor; PRO = patient-reported outcomes.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Breast Cancer
Sara Hurvitz, SABCS 2022: Trastuzumab deruxtecan versus trastuzumab emtansine in patients with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer: DESTINY-Breast03
Trastuzumab deruxtecan (T-DXd) is approved in the United States and European Union for use in patients with HER2+ unresectable/metastatic breast cancer. Approval was based on the randomized, multicenter, open-label, phase III DESTINY-Breast03 (NCT03529110) trial. In this interview we discuss with Dr Sara Hurvitz (David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA Los Angeles, CA, USA) updated data […]
Erika Hamilton, SABCS 2022: Trastuzumab deruxtecan and pertuzumab in HER2+ metastatic breast cancer
Preclinical findings have suggested that when used in combination with anticancer treatments, trastuzumab deruxtecan (T-Dxd) could improve treatment efficacy in HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (mBC). In this interview we discuss with Dr Erika Hamilton (Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Tennessee Oncology, Nashville, TN) preliminary data from the dose expansion phase of the DESTINY-Breast07 (DB-07) (NCT04538742) trial. […]
Sudeep Gupta, SABCS 2022: Addition of platinum to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with triple-negative breast cancer: A phase III randomized controlled trial
The impact of adding platinum on long-term outcomes in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) has not been definitively established. The controlled, single-centre, phase III study conducted by Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, India evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of adding platinum to standard neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with triple-negative breast cancer. In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!