Dr Sara Tolaney (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the patient-reported health-related quality-of-life outcomes data from the MonarchE trial (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03155997) in patients with HR+, HER2- breast cancer being treated with abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy. The e-poster ‘Patients’ quality of life and side effect perceptions in monarchE, a study of abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy in adjuvant treatment of HR+, HER2-, node-positive, high-risk, early breast cancer’ (P008) was presented at the 17th St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference 2021.
- Why have patient-reported outcomes been neglected in clinical studies until recently, and why are they so important? (00:11)
- Could you give us a brief overview of the aims and design of the MonarchE study? (00:42)
- What patient-recorded outcomes are being evaluated and what have been the preliminary findings? (02:34)
- What are the significance of these findings for the management of patients with HER2- breast cancer? (04:59)
Disclosures: Dr Sara Tolaney has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the 17th St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference 2021.
- Tolaney S, Blancas I, Im Y-H, et al. Patients’ quality of life and side effect perceptions in monarchE, a study of abemaciclib plus endocrine therapy in adjuvant treatment of HR+, HER2-, node-positive, high-risk, early breast cancer. The Breast. 2021;56(Suppl. 1):S20–1.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Endocrine Therapy With or Without Abemaciclib (LY2835219) Following Surgery in Participants With Breast Cancer (monarchE). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03155997. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03155997 (accessed 31 March 2021).
HER2 = human epidermal growth factor receptor 2; HR = hormone receptor; PRO = patient-reported outcomes.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Breast Cancer
Highlights in breast cancer – KEYNOTE-756, Checkmate-7FL, TOPION-Breast01, monarchE: Sara Tolaney, EMSO 2023
Significant advancements in breast cancer research emerged from EMSO this year. To highlight these key data we spoke with prominent breast medical oncologist, Dr. Sara Tolaney (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston). In this interview, Dr. Tolaney highlights some of the most valuable data including those from the KEYNOTE-756 (NCT03725059), Checkmate-7FL (NCT04109066), TOPION-Breast01 (NCT05104866) and monarchE (NCT03155997) […]
Trastuzumab duocarmazine in HER2+ metastatic breast cancer – TULIP trial results: Philippe Aftimos, ESMO 2023
The final results of the phase 3, TULIP trial (NCT03262935), which compared trastuzumab duocarmazine (T-Duo) with physician’s choice of therapy in previously treated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer, were presented at ESMO 2023. Dr. Philippe Aftimos, the study investigator from the Institute Jules Bordet in Belgium, presented the results at the conference and then discussed them […]
Angela DeMichele, ASCO 2023: The PALLAS trial, palbociclib with adjuvant endocrine therapy in patients with stage II-III breast cancer
The PALLAS trial assessed the efficacy of adding palbociclib to adjuvant endocrine therapy in patients with stage II-III breast cancer. In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr Angela DeMichele (Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA) to discuss the PALLAS trial and how it compares to the other CDK4/6 inhibitor adjuvant trials, […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!