touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Sara Tolaney (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) at ASCO 2021 to discuss unmet needs and ongoing research in patients with early-stage HER2+ breast cancer.
The abstract ‘eMonarcHER: A phase 3 study of abemaciclib plus standard adjuvant endocrine therapy in patients with HR+, HER2+, node-positive, high-risk early breast cancer (NCT04752332)’ (abstract number TPS596) was presented at the 2021 ASCO Annual Meeting.
- What are the current unmet needs in the treatment of patients with HR+, HER2+ breast cancer with high-risk characteristics? (0:17–0:52)
- What is known about the efficacy and safety of CDK4/6 inhibitors combined with endocrine therapy in this patient population? (1:01–2:59)
- What are the aims, design and inclusion criteria of the eMonarcHER trial? (3:04–4:18)
- What are the primary and key secondary endpoints of the study, and when are data expected? (4:24–5:03)
- What other trials are ongoing to address recurrence in advanced early-stage HER2+ disease? (5:09–6:01)
Disclosures: Dr Sara Tolaney has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Helen Fowler.
Filmed in coverage of the 2021 ASCO Annual Meeting.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. A Study of Abemaciclib (LY2835219) Plus Hormone Therapy in Participants With Early Breast Cancer (eMonarcHER). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04752332. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04752332 (accessed 8 June 2021).
- Tolaney SM, Fallowfield L, Kaufman PA, et al. eMonarcHER: A phase 3 study of abemaciclib plus standard adjuvant endocrine therapy in patients with HR+, HER2+, node-positive, high-risk early breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2021;39(Suppl. 15): Abstr TPS596.
CDK4/6 = cyclin-dependent kinase 4 and 6; HER2 = human epidermal growth factor receptor 2; HR = hormone receptor.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Breast Cancer
Aditya Bardia, SABCS 2021: Results of EMERALD Phase III Trial
Dr Aditya Bardia (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) discusses the results of the phase III EMERALD trial, exploring elacestrant, an oral selective estrogen receptor degrader, vs investigator’s choice of endocrine monotherapy for ER+/HER2- advanced/metastatic breast cancer following progression on prior endocrine and CDK4/6 inhibitor therapy. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast […]
Nancy Lin, SABCS 2021: Updated Results of the HER2CLIMB Study
Dr Nancy Lin (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA) discusses the updated results of the phase II HER2CLIMB study, which assessed tucatinib vs placebo added to trastuzumab and capecitabine for patients with previously treated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with brain metastases. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2021. Questions 1. […]
Marta Vaz Batista, SABCS 2021: Preliminary Results From the DEBBRAH Phase II Study
Dr Marta Vaz Batista (Hospital Fernando Fonseca, Amadora, Portugal) discusses the preliminary results from the DEBBRAH phase II study, exploring trastuzumab deruxtecan in patients with HER2[+] or HER2-low-expressing advanced breast cancer and central nervous system involvement. These results were presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2021. Questions 1. Could you tell us a […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!