touchONCOLOGY joins Professor Guillaume Canaud (Necker–Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France), to discuss EPIK-P1, a retrospective chart review study of patients with PIK3CA-related overgrowth spectrum who have received alpelisib as part of a compassionate use programme.
1. Could you tell us a little about PIK3CA-related Overgrowth Spectrum (PROS), the clinical manifestations and prognosis? (00:25-01:11)
2. What is the rationale for the use of alpelisib in the treatment of patients with PROS? (01:11-01:44)
3. What were the aims, design and inclusion criteria of the EPIK-P1 study? (01:33-02:56)
4. What were the efficacy and safety findings of the study? (02:56-04:30)
5. What are the clinical implications of these findings, and what future studies are planned? (04:30-05:24)
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Sophie Nickelson
Filmed in coverage of the ESMO 2021 Annual Meeting.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Paediatric Oncology
Pamela Kearns: SIOP Europe: The Importance of Collaboration to Make Change
touchONCOLOGY spoke to Professor Pamela Kearns (University of Birmingham, UK) to discuss the importance of SIOP Europe, and the power of bringing together experts, patients and parents from the continent as one voice with one objective. Questions Why is it important to have organizations like SIOP Europe? (00:21-02:09) Is there any message you would like […]
Pamela Kearns: Leading SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 Pandemic
touchONCOLOGY spoke to Professor Pamela Kearns (University of Birmingham, UK) to discuss her experience as President of SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the biggest achievements of the European paediatric oncology community during that time. Questions How would you describe your experience as the SIOP Europe President (2019–21) and how the COVID-19 pandemic influenced […]
Carmelo Rizzari: Main Take Away Messages from the SIOP Europe 2022 Annual Meeting
Professor Carmelo Rizzari, President of the European Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP Europe), explains who the Annual Meeting is aimed at, who is involved and what were the main take-away messages from this year’s conference. Questions Who were the participants of the SIOPE Annual Meeting? (01:00-02:29) What is the main message you wish to share […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!