Professor Benjamin A Weinberg (Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA) summarises key data from pivotal studies in colorectal cancer that were presented at the ASCO Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium 2022.
- GALAXY study in CIRCULATE-Japan abstract: https://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/JCO.2022.40.4_suppl.009
Clinical trial information: jRCT1031200006
- RESPECT study abstract: https://meetings.asco.org/abstracts-presentations/204531
Clinical Trial Registration Number: UMIN000008866
- GERCOR NIPICOL study abstract: https://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/JCO.2022.40.4_suppl.013
Clinical trial information: NCT033501260.
- What has the GALAXY study taught us about ctDNA dynamics and clinical outcomes in the management of patients with resectable colorectal cancer (CRC)? (00:15-01:45)
- Following the RESPECT study, what should be the preferred first-line treatment for patients with metastatic (m)CRC aged 75+? (01:45-03:30)
- According to the latest GERCOR NIPICOL data, when is the best time to stop immunotherapy in patients with microsatellite instability-high/mismatch repair deficient mCRC? (03:30-05:01)
- What have we learned about the use of neoadjuvant dostarlimab for MSI-H locally advanced CRC? (05:01-06:10)
- What is the potential of BEACON plus nivolumab for BRAF V600E mutated mCRC? (06:10-07:52)
Speaker Disclosure: Benjamin A Weinberg has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd. Interview conducted by Sophie Nickelson.
Filmed in coverage of the ASCO Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium 2022.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Gastrointestinal Oncology
Angela Lamarca, ESMO 2022: ABC-06 trial, quality of life results – Symptom-control with FOLFOX in the treatment of advanced biliary cancers
The ABC-06 clinical trial established active-symptom control + oxaliplatin/5-FU chemotherapy (FOLFOX) as the standard of care treatment after Cisplatin and Gemcitabine for advanced biliary cancers. Dr Angela Lamarca (Fundación Jiménez Diaz University Hospital, Madrid, Spain) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the efficacy and safety of second-line active- symptom-control with FOLFOX, and the quality of life and […]
Alvaro Arjona-Sanchez, ESMO 2022: HIPECT4 phase 3 trial investigating the efficacy and safety of adjuvant HIPEC in patients with locally advanced colon cancer
Peritoneal metastasis in locally advanced colon cancer has a poor prognosis from 3 years post surgical resection. Dr Alvaro Arjona-Sanchez (Institute of Biomedical Research IMIBIC, University Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain) joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the HIPECT4 phase 3 trial investigating the efficacy and safety of adjuvant hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in patients with locally […]
Myriam Chalabi, ESMO 2022: Neoadjuvant immune checkpoint inhibition in locally advanced MMR-deficient colon cancer: the NICHE-2 study
Neoadjuvant immunotherapy has shown promising responses in several cancer types. In this touchONCOLOGY interview Dr Myriam Chalabi (Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands) discusses the NICHE-2 study results, investigating patients with non-metastatic deficient DNA mismatch repair (dMMR) colon cancer, treated with one dose of ipilimumab and two doses of nivolumab and underwent surgery ≤6 weeks of […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!