Access all of the content
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a direct impact on cancer care. Prof. Florence Joly discusses the challenges and lessons learned when treating patients with cancer during the pandemic and lockdown period. The late-breaking abstract ‘Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on management of medical cancer treatments and psychological consequence for the patients’ (LBA69) was presented at the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress in September 2020.
- What have been the direct effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the management of cancer treatment? (0:16)
- What are the challenges for patients receiving cancer treatment during the pandemic? (1:37)
- What have been the psychological consequences for patients and how can we best support them? (3:01)
- What will be the impact of the predicted post-COVID-19 economic downturn and recession on cancer care? (4:04)
- What lessons have we learned for the future? (5:06)
- What key messages should physicians consider when treating patients with cancer during the pandemic? (6:48)
Speaker Disclosure: Florence Joly has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Supportive Cancer Care
Professor D’Ugo: Don’t Miss Out on Registering for the ESSO 40!
Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO), shares what we can look forward to at the annual meeting in November!
Domenico D’Ugo, ESSO 40: Hot Topics, What to Expect and Why Should HCPs Register
touchONCOLOGY were delighted to speak with Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) one our media partners. He discusses why healthcare professionals should register and attend the ESSO 40 conference in November 2021 in Lisbon and what we can look forward to. Questions 1. What can we expect from ESSO […]
Professor Domenico D’Ugo: Current Initiatives at ESSO and Looking to the Future
Professor Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) one our valued media partners at touchONCOLOGY, discusses the latest from the society and his hopes for oncology management post-COVID19 in 2022. Questions 1. Please tell us about any initiatives that ESSO are currently working on? (00:15-02:24) 2. What can we expect in […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!