At the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, Abdulraheem Yacoub, University of Kansas Medical Center, discusses his presentation: MPN Tumor Board: Application of Novel Agents for the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera and Myelofibrosis.
1. What are the most exciting recent advances in the treatment of polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis? (0:05)
2. What role is next generation sequence technology likely to play in the future management of myeloproliferative neoplasms? (0:51)
3. How has increased understanding of these diseases helped select the most appropriate treatment strategy for an individual? (2:13)
4. What is the best treatment strategy for patients who experience symptomatic disease progression? (3:46)
5. What progress has been made in terms of combined therapy for the treatment of polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis? (6:30)
Abdulraheem Yacoub has been a consultant for Incyte, Novartis and Agios.
Filmed at the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
Related Videos In Haematology
Efstathios Kastritis, EHA 2020: CYBORD in Amyloidosis and The ANDROMEDA Study
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Efstathios Kastritis (Department of Clinical Therapeutics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece) at EHA25 Virtual to discuss the ANDROMEDA study (NCT03201965), and the efficacy and safety of daratumumab in combination with CYBORD for the treatment of newly-diagnosed light chain amyloidosis. Questions: What are the major therapeutic […]
George Goshua, EHA 2020: Endotheliopathy is Essential in COVID-19 Associated Coagulopathy
Dr George Goshua (Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA) shares with us his insights into the role of endotheliopathy in the development of coagulopathy in patients with COVID-19. Questions: 1. How common is coagulopathy in COVID-19 infection and who is at greatest risk? (0:03) 2. What is known about the role of […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!