At the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, Abdulraheem Yacoub, University of Kansas Medical Center, discusses his presentation: MPN Tumor Board: Application of Novel Agents for the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera and Myelofibrosis.
1. What are the most exciting recent advances in the treatment of polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis? (0:05)
2. What role is next generation sequence technology likely to play in the future management of myeloproliferative neoplasms? (0:51)
3. How has increased understanding of these diseases helped select the most appropriate treatment strategy for an individual? (2:13)
4. What is the best treatment strategy for patients who experience symptomatic disease progression? (3:46)
5. What progress has been made in terms of combined therapy for the treatment of polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis? (6:30)
Abdulraheem Yacoub has been a consultant for Incyte, Novartis and Agios.
Filmed at the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Haematology
ZUMA-23 study of axicabtagene ciloleucel as first-line therapy in large B-cell lymphoma: Jason Westin, EHA 2023
ZUMA-23 (NCT05605899) is an on-going phase 3 study investigating axicabtagene ciloleucel (axi-cel) CAR T cell therapy as a first-line therapy in patients with high-risk large B-cell lymphoma. touchONCOLOGY caught up with Dr Jason Westin (The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA) to discuss what previous clinical trials have taught us about […]
Axicabtagene ciloleucel for the treatment of large B-cell lymphoma: Jason Westin, EHA 2023
Axicabtagene ciloleucel (axi-cel) is an autologous anti-CD19 chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy approved to treat patients with relapsed/refractory large B-cell lymphoma. We caught up with Dr Jason Westin (The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA) to discuss the current treatment paradigm for large B-cell lymphoma, the limitations of current […]
Bernd Jilma, ASH 2022: Pegcetacoplan in patients with cold agglutinin disease, the CASCADE phase III trial
The CASCADE trial aims to assess the efficacy and safety of pegcetacoplan in patients with cold agglutinin disease (CAD). In this touchONCOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr Bernd Jilma (Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria) to discuss the CASCADE trial and when results should be expected. The abstract entitled ‘Trial in Progress: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!