It was a privilege to meet Professor Blase Polite (Deputy Section Chief for Clinical Operations and Executive Medical Director for Cancer Accountable Care, University of Chicago) at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss improving quality of cancer care and ensuring better equity of access to treatment.
1. In brief, what do you consider the current difficulties and challenges in ensuring the quality of cancer care? (0:10)
2. Are there still disparities in access to treatment in many populations and what are their causes? (1:12)
3. ECCO and other organisations have published guidelines for the improvement of quality cancer care; how are these affecting unequal access to treatment? (2:15)
4. What can healthcare professionals and medical organisations do to rectify inequalities in both cancer care quality and patients’ access to optimal treatment? (3:03)
5. Given current developments and ongoing initiatives, are you optimistic about the future quality of cancer care? (4:10)
Blase Polite has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European Cancer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Policy
Stefan Gijssels, Eureopean Cancer Summit 2020 – The Beating Cancer Plan
touchONCOLOGY means Stefan Gijssels at the European Cancer Summit 2020 to discuss the Beating Cancer Plan and key highlights and outcomes from this year’s meeting. Questions How do you expect the cancer burden in Europe to change in the coming years? What are the aims and main components of the Beating Cancer Plan? What initiatives […]
Françoise Meunier, European Cancer Summit 2020 – Financial Toxicity and the ‘Right to be Forgotten’
Dr Françoise Meunier, Vice President of the Federation of European Academies of Medicine, joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss financial toxicity in patients with cancer and progress made with the “Right to be Forgotten” resolution made at the European Cancer Summit in 2018. Questions What does the term ‘financial toxicity’ mean, and what does it mean for […]
Daniel Kelly, European Cancer Summit 2020 – HPV Action Network
touchONCOLOGY joins Prof. Daniel Kelly to discuss the aims and scope of the European Cancer Organisation HPV Action Network. Questions What are the aims of the HPV Action Network? How can HPV-associated cancers be reduced and why is this resolution important? Could you tell us about the European Cancer Organisation’s recent action plan and report, […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!