It was a privilege to meet Yolande Lievens, Past President, European SocieTy for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss value-based healthcare and how this can be applied in surgical oncology and radiation oncology.
1. What are the principles of value-based healthcare? Is it simply about containing costs for the healthcare provider or strategically targeting resources for optimum benefit? (0:10)
2. What benefits does a value-based healthcare approach specifically bring to cancer care for individual patients? (1:08)
3. Are there any value-based frameworks available for oncology? (1:38)
4. ECCO recently published an article on the use of value-based healthcare as applied in surgical oncology and radiation oncology – what key recommendations does this make? (2:17)
5. How might a greater use of value-based healthcare, as recommended by ECCO, improve standards and delivery of cancer care to patients in the future? (5:11)
Yolande Lievens has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European Cancer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Policy
Luzia Travado, European Cancer Summit 2021: Quality of Life and Emotional Challenges for Cancer Patients and the Role of a Psycho-oncologist
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Luzia Travado (Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal) to discuss the the emotional challenges for patients following a cancer diagnosis, and the role of a psycho-oncologist. Question Could you give us an overview of the emotional challenges for patients following a cancer diagnosis, and the role of a psycho-oncologist? […]
Luzia Travado, European Cancer Summit 2021: How Can Oncology Healthcare Professionals Best Address the Psycho-oncological Care Needs for Cancer Patients?
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Luzia Travado (Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal) to discuss how healthcare professionals can best address the psycho-oncological care needs for cancer patients. Question How can healthcare professionals can best address the psycho-oncological care needs for cancer patients? Speaker Disclosure: Luzia Travado has no financial or non-financial conflicts of […]
PART THREE: Domenico D’Ugo, European Cancer Summit 2021: Harnessing the Power of Data in Cancer Care: Data Sharing and Artificial Intelligence
PART THREE: We were delighted to catch up with Prof Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology, to discuss how data sharing and artificial intelligence has facilitated innovations in cancer care. Question How has the use of artificial intelligence facilitated innovations in cancer care? (01:13-04:50) Speaker Disclosure: Domenico D’Ugo has no financial […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!