It was a privilege to meet Yolande Lievens, Past President, European SocieTy for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss value-based healthcare and how this can be applied in surgical oncology and radiation oncology.
1. What are the principles of value-based healthcare? Is it simply about containing costs for the healthcare provider or strategically targeting resources for optimum benefit? (0:10)
2. What benefits does a value-based healthcare approach specifically bring to cancer care for individual patients? (1:08)
3. Are there any value-based frameworks available for oncology? (1:38)
4. ECCO recently published an article on the use of value-based healthcare as applied in surgical oncology and radiation oncology – what key recommendations does this make? (2:17)
5. How might a greater use of value-based healthcare, as recommended by ECCO, improve standards and delivery of cancer care to patients in the future? (5:11)
Yolande Lievens has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European Cancer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Related Videos In Policy
Matti Aapro – ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit
It was an honour for touchONCOLOGY to catch up with one of our editorial board members and ECCO President-Elect Matti Aapro at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss molecular tumour diagnostics in cancer care. Questions 1. In what key areas should molecular tumour diagnostics improve cancer detection and subsequent care? (0:10) […]
Mark Lawler – ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit
touchONCOLOGY met Professor Mark Lawler (Chair, Translational Cancer Genomics Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology (CCRCB), Queen’s University Belfast) at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels to discuss the EU Cancer Mission and the work of the Lancet Oncology Cancer Groundshot. Questions 1. What do the big-data, patient-centered (high-cost) research initiatives such […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!