Martin Edelman from the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA, US discusses current treatments and unmet needs in small cell lung cancer and how research into immunotherapy, including dinutuximab and irinotecan as a second-line therapy, can contribute to treatment strategies.
1. What are the most important unmet needs in the treatment of small cell lung cancer (SCLC)? (0:11)
2. What options are available for patients who relapse or are refractory to first-line treatment? (0:38)
3. What factors impact the efficacy of and outcome after second-line treatments for SCLC? (1:29)
4. Could you tell us a little about the recent phase II/III study of dinutuximab and irinotecan for second-line treatment of SCLC? (1:56)
5. What advances have been made in the second-line therapy of SCLC using immunotherapy? (2:45)
Speaker disclosures: Martin Edelman has provided consultancy for Precision Oncology.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, June 1–5 2018
Share this Video
Related Videos In Lung Cancer
Ahmet Sezer, ESMO 2020 – Cemiplimab in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer and the EMPOWER-Lung 1 Trial
It was a pleasure to meet Dr Ahmet Sezer to discuss the clinical development of cemiplimab as a potential treatment for non-small cell lung cancer and key safety and efficacy findings from the EMPOWER- Lung 1 study. The late-breaking abstract, ‘EMPOWER-Lung 1: Phase 3 first-line (1L) cemiplimab monotherapy vs platinum-doublet chemotherapy (chemo) in advanced non-small […]
Raffaele Califano, ESMO 2019 – FLAURA study in NSCLC
Our Editorial Board member, Raffaele Califano (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) joined us at ESMO 2019 to highlight results from the FLAURA study in NSCLC (NCT02296125). Questions 1. Please describe the FLAURA trail and its reported results? (0:04) 2. Clinically, what impact do you think osimertinib will have over existing standard of care for patients […]
Niels Reinmuth, ESMO 2019 – Phase III MYSTIC trial in NSCLC
We are joined by Niels Reinmuth (Asklepios Kliniken Munich-Gauting) at ESMO 2019 to discuss his presentation on PD-L1 expression in primary tumours versus metastatic samples in the phase III MYSTIC study in first-line metastatic NSCLC. Questions 1. Could you tell us a little about the MYSTIC study and its major findings? (00:07) 2. What was […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!