At the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, Editor-in-Chief of Oncology & Hematology Review (US) Shaji Kumar (Mayo Clinic) discusses the latest advances in the treatment and guidelines of multiple myeloma.
1. What have been the most exciting recent development in the treatment of multiple myeloma? (0:05)
2. According to the most recent guidelines, what criteria are used to assess eligibility for autologous stem-cell transplant (ASCT)? (1:52)
3. What are the options for first-line therapy in transplant-ineligible patients? (3:38)
4. What factors influence the choice of first relapse therapy? (5:30)
5. How does risk status influence therapy in myeloma (newly diagnosed and relapse)? (6:36)
Shaji Kumar has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed at the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Multiple Myeloma
Shaji Kumar, ASH 2020 – Highlights from ASH 2020
It was a pleasure to speak with our Editor-in-Chief, Shaji Kumar (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA) to discuss the use of MEDI2228 (Clinical Trial Identifier: NCT03489525) and anti-BCMA CAR-T cells (Clinical Trial Identifier: NCT03915184) in the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma and to find out his personal highlights from this year’s congress. The […]
Meletios-Athanasios Dimopoulos, ASH 2020 – Results from the Apollo Trial
We caught up with Meletios-Athanasios Dimopoulos (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece) to discuss his ASH 2020 presentation on the use of daratumumab in the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (Clinical Trial Identification: NCT03180736). The abstract ‘412 Apollo: Phase 3 Randomized Study of Subcutaneous Daratumumab Plus Pomalidomide and Dexamethasone (D-Pd) […]
Shaji Kumar, ASCO20: Efficacy and Toxicity in the Randomised Phase III ENDURANCE Trial in Myeloma
We are joined by touchONCOLOGY’s Oncology & Hematology Review (US) Editor-in-Chief Shaji Kumar, Mayo Clinic, to discuss his plenary session at ASCO20 on the efficacy and toxicity in the randomized phase III ENDURANCE trial of the use of bortezomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone for initial therapy of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. Questions 1. What is the […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!