At the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, Editor-in-Chief of Oncology & Hematology Review (US) Shaji Kumar (Mayo Clinic) discusses the latest advances in the treatment and guidelines of multiple myeloma.
1. What have been the most exciting recent development in the treatment of multiple myeloma? (0:05)
2. According to the most recent guidelines, what criteria are used to assess eligibility for autologous stem-cell transplant (ASCT)? (1:52)
3. What are the options for first-line therapy in transplant-ineligible patients? (3:38)
4. What factors influence the choice of first relapse therapy? (5:30)
5. How does risk status influence therapy in myeloma (newly diagnosed and relapse)? (6:36)
Shaji Kumar has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed at the 61st ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
Related Videos In Multiple Myeloma
María-Victoria Mateos, EHA 2020: TOURMALINE-MM4 study
Dr María-Victoria Mateos, (Associate Professor of Medicine, Director of Myeloma Unit, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain) explores unmet needs in the treatment of patients with newly-diagnosed multiple myeloma, and discusses the major findings of the TOURMALINE-MM4 study and the potential of ixazomib in patients no undergoing autologous stem cell transplant. Questions: What are the limitations […]
Shaji Kumar, ASCO20: Efficacy and Toxicity in the Randomised Phase III ENDURANCE Trial in Myeloma
We are joined by touchONCOLOGY’s Oncology & Hematology Review (US) Editor-in-Chief Shaji Kumar, Mayo Clinic, to discuss his plenary session at ASCO20 on the efficacy and toxicity in the randomized phase III ENDURANCE trial of the use of bortezomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone for initial therapy of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. Questions 1. What is the […]
Patrick Laroche, ASCO20: Bispecific Antibodies in the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
Patrick Laroche, EMEA Therapeutic Area Leader Hematology at Janssen Pharmaceutica, discusses the benefits of new bispecific antibodies and how he sees the future of multiple myeloma treatment evolving over the coming years. Click here to view Patrick Laroche discussing the potential of CAR-T treatment JNJ-4528 in multiple myeloma Questions 1. Could you tell us more […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!