At the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, it was a privilege to speak to Ruth Ladenstein, Project Coordinator, European Reference Network (ERN) for paediatric cancer (ERN PaedCan), to discuss the EU Cancer Mission and enabling cancer treatment across borders.
1. The European Commission has outlined a mission-oriented approach for the next Framework Programme for Research which will involve cancer as a topic. What is the purpose and scope of this mission? (0:10)
2. Is cancer care access and quality similar and continuous across European countries or is it variable with differing provision and standards depending on location? What are the causes of the differences? (1:43)
3. Is there a need to establish a quality standard of cancer care across European borders and is this becoming a reality? (3:20)
4. To what extent can healthcare professionals in different European states learn from practices elsewhere and adopt them for their own patients? (3:58)
5. In the future, is best practice in cancer likely to be increasingly uniform across Europe or is it likely to be unequal and dependent on healthcare funding or the patient’s ability to pay? (4:56)
Ruth Ladenstein has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European CanCer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Policy
Stefan Gijssels, Eureopean Cancer Summit 2020 – The Beating Cancer Plan
touchONCOLOGY means Stefan Gijssels at the European Cancer Summit 2020 to discuss the Beating Cancer Plan and key highlights and outcomes from this year’s meeting. Questions How do you expect the cancer burden in Europe to change in the coming years? What are the aims and main components of the Beating Cancer Plan? What initiatives […]
Françoise Meunier, European Cancer Summit 2020 – Financial Toxicity and the ‘Right to be Forgotten’
Dr Françoise Meunier, Vice President of the Federation of European Academies of Medicine, joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss financial toxicity in patients with cancer and progress made with the “Right to be Forgotten” resolution made at the European Cancer Summit in 2018. Questions What does the term ‘financial toxicity’ mean, and what does it mean for […]
Daniel Kelly, European Cancer Summit 2020 – HPV Action Network
touchONCOLOGY joins Prof. Daniel Kelly to discuss the aims and scope of the European Cancer Organisation HPV Action Network. Questions What are the aims of the HPV Action Network? How can HPV-associated cancers be reduced and why is this resolution important? Could you tell us about the European Cancer Organisation’s recent action plan and report, […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!