At the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, it was a privilege to speak to Ruth Ladenstein, Project Coordinator, European Reference Network (ERN) for paediatric cancer (ERN PaedCan), to discuss the EU Cancer Mission and enabling cancer treatment across borders.
1. The European Commission has outlined a mission-oriented approach for the next Framework Programme for Research which will involve cancer as a topic. What is the purpose and scope of this mission? (0:10)
2. Is cancer care access and quality similar and continuous across European countries or is it variable with differing provision and standards depending on location? What are the causes of the differences? (1:43)
3. Is there a need to establish a quality standard of cancer care across European borders and is this becoming a reality? (3:20)
4. To what extent can healthcare professionals in different European states learn from practices elsewhere and adopt them for their own patients? (3:58)
5. In the future, is best practice in cancer likely to be increasingly uniform across Europe or is it likely to be unequal and dependent on healthcare funding or the patient’s ability to pay? (4:56)
Ruth Ladenstein has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed in partnership with the European CanCer Organisation at the ECCO 2019 European Cancer Summit in Brussels, Belgium.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Policy
Luzia Travado, European Cancer Summit 2021: Quality of Life and Emotional Challenges for Cancer Patients and the Role of a Psycho-oncologist
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Luzia Travado (Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal) to discuss the the emotional challenges for patients following a cancer diagnosis, and the role of a psycho-oncologist. Question Could you give us an overview of the emotional challenges for patients following a cancer diagnosis, and the role of a psycho-oncologist? […]
Luzia Travado, European Cancer Summit 2021: How Can Oncology Healthcare Professionals Best Address the Psycho-oncological Care Needs for Cancer Patients?
We were delighted to catch up with Dr Luzia Travado (Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal) to discuss how healthcare professionals can best address the psycho-oncological care needs for cancer patients. Question How can healthcare professionals can best address the psycho-oncological care needs for cancer patients? Speaker Disclosure: Luzia Travado has no financial or non-financial conflicts of […]
PART THREE: Domenico D’Ugo, European Cancer Summit 2021: Harnessing the Power of Data in Cancer Care: Data Sharing and Artificial Intelligence
PART THREE: We were delighted to catch up with Prof Domenico D’Ugo, President of the European Society of Surgical Oncology, to discuss how data sharing and artificial intelligence has facilitated innovations in cancer care. Question How has the use of artificial intelligence facilitated innovations in cancer care? (01:13-04:50) Speaker Disclosure: Domenico D’Ugo has no financial […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!