Our Editor-in-Chief, Axel Merseberger (University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein), joined us at ESMO 2019 to discuss current limitations in the treatment of metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer, use of antiandrogen agents, and what the future may hold.
1. What are the limitations of the current standard of care for metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer (mHSPC)? (0:05)
2. What have recent clinical studies taught us about the optimum use of the antiandrogen agents enzalutamide, abiraterone acetate and apalutamide in the treatment of men with mHSPC? (0:40)
3. What factors should be considered when making treatment decisions for mHSPC? (1:22)
4. What is the safety profile of the anti-androgen agents? (2:02)
5. What future role do you see for chemotherapy in the treatment of mHSPC? (2:52)
6. What do you expect to be the next major breakthrough in the treatment of mHSPC? (3:49)
Filmed at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
Speaker disclosure: Axel Merseberger has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
touchONCOLOGY.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Prostate Cancer
Axel Merseburger: International Men’s Day and EU Prostate Cancer Day and the Importance of Raising Awareness of Men’s Health and Well-being
Prof Axel S Merseburger (University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany), gives his thoughts on the importance of International Men’s Day and EU Prostate Cancer Day in raising awareness of men’s health and well-being. Question International Men’s Day and EU Prostate Cancer Day are both held in November. What is the importance of raising awareness of male […]
Axel S Merseburger, ESMO 2021: Highlights and Key Data in Advanced Prostate Cancer
touchONCOLOGY joins our Editor-in-Chief Prof Axel S Merseburger (University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany), to discuss the key data presented at the ESMO Congress 2021 in the field of advanced prostate cancer and the significant impact these advances have on clinical practice. Questions 1. What were the hottest topics and exciting new research from the ESMO […]
Neeraj Agarwal, ESMO 2021: Results of Expanded Cohort 6 of the COSMIC-021 Study
touchONCOLOGY joins Professor Neeraj Agarwal (Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA) at ESMO 2021 to discuss the much-anticipated results of the COSMIC-021 study of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Questions 1. What is the rationale for the combined use of cabozantinib and atezolizumab […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!