Access all of the content
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Deborah Doroshow to discuss the recent COVID-19 and Cancer Outcomes Study (CCOS), and how the COVID-19 pandemic has caused disparities in cancer care. Dr Doroshow presented her late-breaking abstract, ‘Disparities in cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic: COVID-19 and cancer outcomes study (CCOS)‘ (LBA74) at the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress, 19–21 September 2020.
- What were the biggest challenges faced by cancer care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic? (0:14)
- What factors predispose cancer patients to increased risk for COVID-19-related morbidity and mortality? (1:12)
- Could you tell us about the aims and design of the CCOS study? (2:23)
- What were the major findings of the study? (5:01)
- What are the reasons for these disparities and what can be done to mitigate the effects of COVID-19? (6:02)
- Is there anything you would like to highlight in relation to the CCOS study? (7:22)
Speaker Disclosure: Deborah Doroshow has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress.
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Pamela Kearns: Leading SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 Pandemic
touchONCOLOGY spoke to Professor Pamela Kearns (University of Birmingham, UK) to discuss her experience as President of SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the biggest achievements of the European paediatric oncology community during that time. Questions How would you describe your experience as the SIOP Europe President (2019–21) and how the COVID-19 pandemic influenced […]
Morgan Rouprêt, ESOU22: What Have We Learned From the COVID-19 Pandemic?
touchONCOLOGY are joined by the EAU Section of Oncological Urology (ESOU) Chairman Professor Morgan Rouprêt to discuss what we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, how this has impacted the care of cancer patients and what we can do to move forward. Questions What was the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on […]
Mark Lawler, European Cancer Summit 2021: Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer Campaign
We were delighted to catch up with Prof Mark Lawler to discuss the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on cancer care in Europe, and the key objectives and messages of the Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer campaign. Questions 1. What has been the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer screening and […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!