Access all of the content
Editorial Board member Dr Michael K Gibson, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, joins touchONCOLOGY in a remote interview to discuss the challenges in adjusting treatment plans for oncology patients in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the advantages of telemedicine and digital health as the situation constantly changes globally, and we continue to adapt and learn more each day.
1. What is the current COVID-19 outbreak situation in USA and what measures have the government taken to control and manage the spread of the virus? (0:08)
2. How does chemotherapy and radiotherapy effect patients’ susceptibility to COVID-19? (1:15)
3. How is the COVID-19 outbreak affecting consultations between patients and oncologists? (3:23)
4. What extra precautions should cancer patients take and what advice would you give to family members and caregivers of cancer patients? (4:45)
5. How does infection with COVID-19 affect the treatment plan for patients? (6:25)
6. What have we learnt from this experience so far? (8:12)
Michael K Gibson has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Commissioned, edited and funded by Touch Medical Media
Published: 24 April 2020
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Markus Joerger, ESMO 2021: Final Results of SAKK 80/20 – COVID-19 Infection in Cancer Patients
touchONCOLOGY joins Dr Markus Joerger (St. Gallen Cancer Center, Switzerland) at ESMO 2021 to discuss the outcome and prognostic factors of COVID-19 infection in cancer patients. Questions 1. What were the objectives of the SAKK 80/20 study? (00:15-00:50) 2. Could you give us a brief overview of the patient population of this study? (00:50-02:14) 3. […]
Mark Lawler, European Cancer Summit 2020 – Impact of COVID-19 on Cancer
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on us all, but particularly patients with cancer. Prof. Mark Lawler tells touchONCOLOGY about the data he presented at this year’s European Cancer Summit, the challenges patients with cancer face as a result of the pandemic, and steps taken to help mitigate this effect. Questions You presented […]
Florence Joly, ESMO 2020 – Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Cancer Treatments and the Psychological Impact on Patients
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a direct impact on cancer care. Prof. Florence Joly discusses the challenges and lessons learned when treating patients with cancer during the pandemic and lockdown period. The late-breaking abstract ‘Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on management of medical cancer treatments and psychological consequence for the patients’ (LBA69) was presented at […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!