Access all of the content
Editorial Board member Dr Michael K Gibson, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, joins touchONCOLOGY in a remote interview to discuss the challenges in adjusting treatment plans for oncology patients in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the advantages of telemedicine and digital health as the situation constantly changes globally, and we continue to adapt and learn more each day.
1. What is the current COVID-19 outbreak situation in USA and what measures have the government taken to control and manage the spread of the virus? (0:08)
2. How does chemotherapy and radiotherapy effect patients’ susceptibility to COVID-19? (1:15)
3. How is the COVID-19 outbreak affecting consultations between patients and oncologists? (3:23)
4. What extra precautions should cancer patients take and what advice would you give to family members and caregivers of cancer patients? (4:45)
5. How does infection with COVID-19 affect the treatment plan for patients? (6:25)
6. What have we learnt from this experience so far? (8:12)
Michael K Gibson has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Commissioned, edited and funded by Touch Medical Media
Published: 24 April 2020
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Pamela Kearns: Leading SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 Pandemic
touchONCOLOGY spoke to Professor Pamela Kearns (University of Birmingham, UK) to discuss her experience as President of SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the biggest achievements of the European paediatric oncology community during that time. Questions How would you describe your experience as the SIOP Europe President (2019–21) and how the COVID-19 pandemic influenced […]
Morgan Rouprêt, ESOU22: What Have We Learned From the COVID-19 Pandemic?
touchONCOLOGY are joined by the EAU Section of Oncological Urology (ESOU) Chairman Professor Morgan Rouprêt to discuss what we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, how this has impacted the care of cancer patients and what we can do to move forward. Questions What was the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on […]
Mark Lawler, European Cancer Summit 2021: Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer Campaign
We were delighted to catch up with Prof Mark Lawler to discuss the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on cancer care in Europe, and the key objectives and messages of the Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer campaign. Questions 1. What has been the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer screening and […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!