Trisha M Wise-Draper, ESMO 2020 – The COVID-19 and Cancer Consortium Registry (CCC19) and Systemic Cancer Treatment-related Outcomes in Patients with SARS-CoV-2 Infection
Access all of the content
Assoc. Prof. Trisha Wise-Draper joins touchONCOLOGY to discuss the impact of the COVID-19 in cancer care and lessons learned through the findings of the COVID-19 and Cancer Consortium Registry (CCC19). The late-breaking abstract ‘Systemic cancer treatment-related outcomes in patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection: A CCC19 registry analysis’ (LBA71) was presented at the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress, 19–21 September 2020.
- What factors predispose people with cancer to worse outcomes if they are infected with SARS-CoV-2? (0:14)
- Could you give us an overview of the objectives and design of the COVID-19 and Cancer Consortium Registry (CCC19)? (1:02)
- What were the findings of your analysis of systemic cancer treatment-related outcomes in patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection? (2:18)
- How will your findings inform future management of cancer patients during the pandemic? (3:21)
- How else has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted cancer care and research, and how can we mitigate these impacts? (4:28)
Speaker Disclosure: Trisha M Wise-Draper has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of the Virtual 2020 ESMO Congress.
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Pamela Kearns: Leading SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 Pandemic
touchONCOLOGY spoke to Professor Pamela Kearns (University of Birmingham, UK) to discuss her experience as President of SIOP Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the biggest achievements of the European paediatric oncology community during that time. Questions How would you describe your experience as the SIOP Europe President (2019–21) and how the COVID-19 pandemic influenced […]
Morgan Rouprêt, ESOU22: What Have We Learned From the COVID-19 Pandemic?
touchONCOLOGY are joined by the EAU Section of Oncological Urology (ESOU) Chairman Professor Morgan Rouprêt to discuss what we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, how this has impacted the care of cancer patients and what we can do to move forward. Questions What was the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on […]
Mark Lawler, European Cancer Summit 2021: Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer Campaign
We were delighted to catch up with Prof Mark Lawler to discuss the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on cancer care in Europe, and the key objectives and messages of the Time To Act: COVID-19 & Cancer campaign. Questions 1. What has been the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer screening and […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchONCOLOGYSign me up!